Pages

Losing the baby/baby/baby/baby weight

A few months ago I decided I wasn't happy with my body. Anyone that knows me knows that I didn't just suddenly blow up... I've been "too big" for years. I never cared. Seriously, it didn't bother me. Now it does.

So, I'm turning over a new leaf. I'm not on a diet, I'm not doing an insane workout routine. I'm keeping it simple. Increasing the output, decreasing the input.

I started out just saying that I was going to do one thing active with my kids each day. Swimming, walking, biking, whatever. Just one thing. That worked well for a while, but then it got hot and we didn't want to be outside anymore.

I realized that I needed a little help in realizing my "active" goal. So, we joined the Y. We've been there three weeks and with a few exceptions, I've been going every day. Some days I take a class, some days I just walk or use the eliptical-it's-not-really-an-eliptical-but-I-don't-know-the-real-name thing. I have committed to 30 minutes a day. If I go more, that's gravy.

I haven't lost any weight. (well, maybe three lbs)  I'm not upset about it. It just is what it is. Once I have a habit of doing at least 30 minutes every day, then I'm going to take a closer look at my food. I'm not going to go all crazy and restrict myself just to fail again. The only change I've made regarding food is that I limit myself to ONE serving. Most of the time that serving is probably too much in the first place, but "small and simple" steps, right?

I envisioned myself starting a blog about this and posting a picture of me in my swimsuit and even posting my weight.... but ha ha, that's not happening (not yet anyway).  Maybe in a year I'll be like, "I lost 100 pounds!" or some ridiculous thing.  I don't need to lose 100 pounds. I want to lose 50. If I lose 50, two things happen. First, I'd be at the high point of my ideal weight range and second, that's the day I book plane tickets to Hawaii. That's my big goal. Hawaii. I might even purchase a bikini. (I'm totally joking Mom).

The little goals are going to be something like this:

Lose 5 pounds- Purchase a new sports bra. I was going to have be at 10 pounds, but the ladies are protesting and because I only have one, I have to either wash it every day or wear it twice, which really shouldn't bother me, but it kind of does.

10 pounds- A new pair of yoga type pants. I only have one pair and this leads to the same issues as above.

15 lbs- still thinking about this one and further. I don't want to dream too much about something that may take a century.

Somewhere in there is purchasing a pair of pants that I love and feel comfortable in... that aren't a size 20. I have refused to buy any size 20s. My 18s don't fit, so I'm currently sporting maternity cut offs. I'm ok with this for now, but not for long.

I'm also trying to think of something that keeps me accountable. I haven't figure that out yet.

2 comments:

AmbertheGreat said...

how is the challenge going?

Unknown said...

Hey, mom you really need to update this.