Before we left for Island Tortuga, we left the car with a woman from the branch in Puntarenas. She has these two parrots. One talked and talked (he said "goodbye" to us) and the other one was mute.
We had to cross the Gulf of Nicoyo on a ferry. Taking the car was too expensive, so we just took ourselves.
We sat right by the a/c.. by the time we got to the peninsula, I was freezing.. ahhhh.
Every pool we have been at always says the same thing, "You need to wear your bathing suit". ha ha.
Our hotel in Paquera.
They don't have take out cups here, but they are more than happy to put your smoothie in a bag. We were in this tiny car going down a really bumpy road so I couldn't get a good picture of it.
At breakfast... we LOVED the smoothies they called "naturales"... so far the strawberry has been the best.
Here are the stairs going up to our hotel room. Here in Costa Rica.. they kind of just make things work...
They needed stairs to go in the opposite direction, so they built them!
Our hotel room.. nothing fancy, but it had air conditioning!
We rode out to the beach in this truck that was literally falling apart. Our guide (Fito) told us that the roads were so bad that if he bought a new car it would just end up falling apart as well, so he has an old one. :)
The live bait we used to catch some fish! I was sad that I couldn't bring my boat, but Fito told us that everything we brought would get wet and we couldn't risk it. So, I have no pictures of Isla Tortuga. It was so great. We went to this one current and caught about 8 spotted snappers. Well, Fito caught most of those. He would put his line in (literally, just a line.. no pole) and immediately catch a fish. I caught a little sand pufferfish, and Abinadi caught a bunch of tiny snappers... we had to throw all those back in. The pufferfish was cool to hold though. My dad got a picture with his phone (he took a chance) so maybe one day I'll get those pictures.
The is Playa Organos. Isla Tortuga is the island you see right across the ocean.
Once we got to the island, we got out and went snorkeling. It was amazing. The water was so clear and there were TONS of fish. I found some pictures online of some of the fish we saw.. these aren't my pictures...
The yellow and blue striped ones were EVERYWHERE! You could literally just sit there and swim with them.
These blue fish were really big. There were a ton of them too.
I wish I could find a better picture of this one.. it had a florescent purple stripe on it's back.. it was my favorite.
Now, I couldn't find an exact picture of the blue spotted one we saw, but it was a lot like this one, but with only three bright blue spots on it's sides. Spectacular!
This is the house of the guy that took us out. He doesn't really do tours like this.. he is just some guy that my dad talked to that had a boat. Their house was incredible. Basically just a bunch of sheet metal for walls, dirt floor, and the potty was outside.
Our spotted snappers!
While we were snorkeling, Fito was bringing a bunch of oysters...
Fito cleaning our fish. (Part of our arrangement was that they would cook whatever fish
This is their kitchen. No electricity.. just gas.
LUNCH! The yellow thing is a fried and flattened plantain. They use them kind of like a tortilla.
Fito took us back to the ferry at the end of the day and we rode back to the mainland and then drove back to Esparza.

































































No comments:
Post a Comment